Hey kids, SPACE INVADERS!!!

Thanks to Darby for posting this link.

http://www.spaceinvaders.de/play.html

I remember walking up to the store my aunt worked in to play the video games there (remember when convenience stores had arcade games in them that didn't involve gambling? Great times, those 1980s) It pissed my mom off, but hey, what the hell, right? They had this one and another one that I can't remember, but thought it was cool because it talked. (It was 1986. That was cool as all hell.)

There's an arcade that's supposed to open in the local mall before Christmas. I only hope they have some classics like TMNT and X-Men (you know, the game with TWO screens in it that you likely blew your week's allowance on in one hour) and maybe some old Atari stuff like the Star Wars games. But it will likely be some boring shit that makes you realize why arcades went out of style in the first place.

I'll probably be one of the oldest people in that place, but then again, if I cared what people thought of me, I wouldn't have created this blog or spend money on Star Wars stuff. Nyah. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

look at the size of that thing!