He-Man and the Masters of the Universe



I loved He-Man and the MOTU as a kid. I had lots of the toys, including Castle Grayskull, Snake Mountain, and the one toy that pissed off mothers everywhere, the Slime Pit. Most of them managed to survive my childhood, though a lot of them are missing their weapons and other accessories. Still have the castles too, though they're missing a lot of damn parts, and getting replacement parts is too expensive.

I also bought the Commemorative Series Mattel did in 2000/2001, which are the favorite pieces in my collection. Then I also bought most of the new line Mattel had going from 2002 to 2004, before they fucked the whole thing up.

Now they're doing $20 statues of characters that should have been $7 action figures. Like a sucker, I bought the three that are currently available- Hordak, Clawful, and Snout Spout. There's also a con exclusive of King Randor, but I hate exclusives with a passion, and I didn't have the fifty bucks they were going for on ebay, so I didn't bother.

I was happy to buy the 10 Best DVD of the original cartoon that aired in the 80s. Man, I used to love that show. 3 PM everyday on KGAN. I also remembered how they'd pre-empt it often for some bullshit, but at least you had GI Joe and Transformers to watch at 4. :)
I've soaked in most of the episodes, and while I get a nostalgic feeling from watching them, it's not the same. If there's one thing I learned from the Star Wars prequels and the 80s toy revival, it's that you can't go back again.
That and people want way too much for used toys on ebay.

At least I have my memories, and that's the most valuable treasure. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

Webstor!