Ghosts of Christmas Past #4


Picked up this fine figure on ebay for my Christmas gift to myself. I find it's probably my favorite figure in the line so far. This is the Masters of the Universe Classics Tri-Klops.
I received the original version of Tri-Klops for Christmas in 1984, and it was obviously a wonderful gift. It's one of the few figures I managed to keep complete, though he only had the longsword as an accessory, so it was pretty easy. I of course lost the minicomic, and I'm pretty sure my original figure didn't come with the warrior ring. So therefore, complete.

Trike here was one of my favorite figures. As one of Skeletor's lackeys, he was always battling He-Man in a swordfight while Skeletor did his thing, trying to take over Castle Grayskull. Mattel and the Four Horsemen were wise in keeping everything that made the original toy so great, yet adding little details that make this a truly modern action figure. It moves in all the places it should, though the ankles on my sample are a little weak, much like my Man-At-Arms. (Thankfully, Mattel has some stands that go on sale next month, so I'm likely to buy a couple sets of those.) Vintage figure pic from he-man.org.

This figure went on sale in August, when I was flying around the country for family-related things. I didn't buy it until December, and received it on the 26th. It was a great gift to myself, made better by the fact I got the original one 25 years ago on Christmas. Of course, I decided to buy him instead of Randor, since it's occured to me that you can just buy these on ebay for a $5-7 premium over their original price, and you can buy them when you're ready to. I'm glad to have the figure; another great toy for my ever-growing MOTUC collection. I'd suggest picking it up if you haven't already.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Benjamin said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

look at the size of that thing!