Review: Marvel Select Hulk



Yes, lads and ladies, this is the big one. I picked this up tonight, since my local comic shop was having a great sale for its VIP members (read: people who spend too much money there) and I've been lusting for this piece since I first saw it a month ago, so, with 40% off, I brought it home. I opened it, and I continue to be amazed at its mere existence. The Marvel Select line has been great. Figures like Uatu the Watcher and Thanos, who have yet to be made in the Legends line by either Hasbro or Toy Biz, got great figures in the Select line that look great with your Legends collection. I think this figure returns to that, giving us a 10" tall Hulk figure that puts every previous Hulk figure to shame. He might be a little too large for the Legends collection, but seriously, who cares? This beats the pants off those Hulk Classics from Target. I've never been much of a scale nut, having collected Star Wars and Transformers for years, and neither of those lines are even close to having a consistent scale.

It's 10" tall and weighs three pounds. It comes with a base, but you won't need that. It will take a lot of space to display, but it's worth it. The only thing I'd really like to know is where Bruce Banner gets such stretchy pants that even when he's Hulk-ed out, they still stay on. Ah, the conceits of comic books.

The articulation isn't up to ML standards, but these figures are mostly going for aesthetic value, keeping the sculpt clean and the paint amazing. Both of which are accomplished here, of course, there's a lot of room and bulk to work with.

I'm glad I bought it. I'll never need to buy another Hulk action figure now, though I probably will when Hasbro's 3.75" line makes it to retail.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

look at the size of that thing!