die force friday die

Just got back from the midnight release for The Last Jedi merchandise. I am sorely disappointed.
Went to the two local Wal-Mart stores to find Jedi Master Luke, a figure I've been waiting 35 years for. I count myself lucky to find it at the second store, since Hasbro saw fit to pack this figure one-per-case of twelve. And these stores have received exactly one case of this series so far. There are going to be a lot of incredibly disappointed people this weekend.

So I have to wonder- why bother with this super-hyped release date at all? The product isn't there, so why bother going for all this press coverage when nothing is there to be purchased? These last three launches have been awful. It's taking what little fun is left in collecting Star Wars toys and destroying it. Social media is blowing up with stories of scant product offering, unless of course you collect the Hot Wheels or Funko POP things.

I understand Disney wants to make it an event and I appreciate the effort, but with the horrible distribution and insane level of secrecy surrounding what is actually going to be for sale, it's left a bad taste in my mouth. I wasn't going to bother with this midnight release this time, and I kind of wish I hadn't. I really do miss those prequel days when there was too much product. At least then you could find stuff, and Hasbro wasn't under some idiotic restrictions from a soulless corporate overlord, so they could tell you what was going to be for sale. I could have probably ordered that Luke from Amazon and it'd probably be here tomorrow afternoon, if not Saturday morning. I doubt Hasbro/Disney/whomever will do this for the Han Solo movie, but I'm sure they'll do it for Episode IX, and I don't think I'll take part in that one. This Force Friday thing is a bad joke, and needs to go away. While I'm dreaming I'd also like a million dollars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

look at the size of that thing!

GI Joe wave 7