GI Joe review: Zartan



Yes, I am skipping a pic of the loose figure for the carded pic. But it's great art, isn't it? That fully painted art used on toy packaging in the 1980s could fill books.

About this time last year, I was hunting the Zartan figure from wave 3. While that figure was OK, this new version really captures the essence of the vintage toy, much more so. If Hasbro had left out the mini Chameleon skier, I don't think it would have diminished this figure. That skier is worthless, suited more for the Combat Heroes line than this one.

Also included are two masks, and instead of a general nondescript mustached dude, now the masks feature actual characters, them being Storm Shadow and Duke. He IS Cobra's master of disguise, after all. A homicidal actor and mercenary, working for a ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world, who also heads up an international biker gang known as the Dreadnoks. I want to say that this guy was probably Larry Hama's Mary Sue, but he probably had a few of those.

So, if you can find it, get one. I was lucky and saw one and grabbed it, but I've been beat every time when trying to find an Eel. Though considering all the BATs I bought, karma had it in for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

look at the size of that thing!