GI Joe review: Airborne



I will admit- I had no idea who Airborne was in the mythos and no idea what his figure looked like until I looked it up on YoJoe after I heard the announcement that this character made the cut for the modern Joe line. Some people were crazy about the character, but I couldn't relate, probably because this was an '83 figure, a little before my time.

However, when I saw this figure on the pegs at Target with Zartan and Trakker, I had to own it. The vibrant colors just pop, and he adds some distinctiveness to a line that, except for the Cobra figures, is still very much olive drab or Snake Eyes black.

Yeah, if you find this figure, I know you're going to buy it. I think it ties with Zartan for the winner of the wave; it's my nostalgic reverence for Zartan that makes him win. But Airborne is a great contender, and would look awesome in the Tomahawk, laying down supressive fire while his comrades pile in. Why isn't that on Hasbro's reissue list instead of these? I love the Conquest and Rattler, but we just got those two a few months ago. Do we need Python and Tiger versions already? I don't think so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

look at the size of that thing!