Star Wars review: Yarna D'Al'Gargan



I just bought a toy of an overweight, six-breasted alien prostitute. It's a good thing I have a sense of humor about myself.

This is one of those figures that fans have been requesting for years while I just sat back and asked 'why?' I know, like every other fan these days, that Kenner had planned to issue a figure of this character in the vintage line in either 1984 or 1985, but that isn't really a good enough reason for it now, I thought. Kenner thought better of it, but in the modern line, we've gotten two different Slave Leia figures (plus one in the Galactic Heroes line) and the lady who gave us the only naked breast in the Star Wars saga, Oola, who was a green, chained-up alien prostitute, so times clearly aren't as chaste these days.

For your seven bucks, you get a good sculpt of Yarna here, all the way down to the warts on her face and the fat on her back. The accessories include a knife and a drink cup. I imagine you'd need a strong, vengeful libation to do whatever she has planned for you later in the evening, so it was thoughtful of Hasbro to include that.

I guess I bought this for the same reason I bought Wuher and a bunch of the comic packs in the last year- "Oh my god, they actually MADE this!" It's great to see Hasbro make things you thought wouldn't be made. At this point, if the modern Star Wars toyline isn't considered the best toyline in history, it should be the most prolific.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

look at the size of that thing!