MOTUC figures revealed!




Well, two of them, anyway. Aren't they just fab? As much as I loved these 200x line, these just blow those away in pretty much every way possible. I hope Mattel shows more of them at SDCC, and I'm sure they will after tomorrow's panel, since they have a huge, huge display there in San Diego.

Apparently, the line kicks off with He-Man in October, and they're sold one every month on Mattel's website. Which is an idea I like, since I won't have to go to shitty stores like Gordmans or Aldi to find my MOTU toys.

Edit- after trying to budget for this line, there's just no way. Even if it is $20 a month, it will take more than a year to get any kind of interesting collection going. I was hoping for a line that would be at retail, therefore making it a little cheaper, but that's not the plan right now. I guess the retailers remember how badly they got burned five years ago, and wouldn't dare give He-Man and his crew a chance again. And I can't blame them. I guess I expected them to just add articulation to the characters that were issued as NECA mini-statues, so I could complete that line. I really don't feel like starting over, since this online exclusive idea didn't work for GI Joe and damn sure won't do too well for He-Man.
Like most other toys from Mattel, it looks great, but no way am I going to buy it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

look at the size of that thing!