Transformers review: Cybertron Mode Optimus Prime

I picked up my first sample from the Transformers: Animated line last week. I had heard lots of praise for these toys, even from die-hard G1 guys I know. I decided to take a $10 chance with Cybertron Mode Optimus Prime, a Deluxe-sized toy. Yes, I'm impressed too.



I was not impressed with the Animated design aesthetic when I first saw it. My reaction was much the same when I saw the movie designs. But, these designs, as toys, are such a breath of fresh air. They are far more innovative than the movie toys, not to mention much more functional. You can transform Prime here once or twice and remember it, unlike the movie toys where you better never lose the instructions.



This particular model isn't the same as the Voyager class. I don't know what it's all about, since I've never seen an episode of the cartoon. I don't think this truck looks all that convincing.
However, the 'bot mode is a lot of fun. This Prime doesn't feature a gun as his main weapon, instead preferring melee weapons. Prime carries an axe and a shield that transforms from the windshield. The articulation is good enough that you can pose him to carry the axe on his shoulder. It's awesome.

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked this toy. I plan on buying Prowl, Jazz, Soundwave, and Grimlock now, and I don't watch the show.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

Webstor!