Gi Joe review: Roadblock version 2



Most GI Joe fans here on the interwebs look down on the 1986 and after lines. '86 was the year I came into GI Joe, so figures from that year always held a special place in my geeky heart- Wet Suit, Serpentor, Low Light, Beach Head, and the BAT are my favorite figures in the line. There was a second version of Roadblock that year, and this new release from Hasbro pays homage to that with this repaint.

Besides the Cobra Commander from this new wave, I see Roadblock the most. It's really a shame. Sure, he's just a repaint of the not-great 25th Anniversary Roadblock, this time with a neon green vest, but I guess it's a symptom of him being a less-popular version in a line that now costs $7 a single figure. Hasbro gave him a new gun, though it's nowhere near as intimidating as the Ma Deuce the previous version carried. He does NOT have the helmet pictured here.

Buying this figure is dependent on your favorite 'era' of Joe. 1982-'85 or '86-89. I'm in the latter, and I'm tickled that this wave included my favorite version of Roadblock and a Tiger Force figure. And honestly, I seem to be the only one happy to see this wave, since it's becoming common at an astonishing rate.

BTW, K-Mart, the big loser of big-box retail, still has their Joes at $6 a crack, and they're getting waves 7 and 8 right now, so if you still have one left in your neck of the woods, it might be worth checking out. I just wish I didn't feel like I needed a shower after everytime I leave the store.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

Webstor!