Yes. I've been waiting for a Mola Ram since the line started. You know, there simply aren't enough toys with flaming disembodied human organs as accessories.
I have mentioned here that I'm getting pretty geeked for this new Star Trek movie. I picked this up recently, since I never did get the Transporter Playmates did for their TNG line in the 90s. I wanted this right away. I'm glad I got it. I haven't seen the movie at this point, so I can't tell if it's accurate, but who cares- it's fun. Want to know how it works? So would I. Here's what I can tell you: Take one of your 3.75" Trek figures and place it on the included blue base. You put the figure and base in the designated spot, put the transporter thingy over the figure. You press the delta shield, and lights and sounds, and your figure has disappered behind a mirrored piece of... something. Then you take the transporter thingy off the base, and place it wherever. Then, to make the figure reappear, you hold two buttons on the side of the thingy and press the delta shield again. You remove the thingy and your figure is standing there! It's like magic o...
Picked up this fine figure on ebay for my Christmas gift to myself. I find it's probably my favorite figure in the line so far. This is the Masters of the Universe Classics Tri-Klops. I received the original version of Tri-Klops for Christmas in 1984, and it was obviously a wonderful gift. It's one of the few figures I managed to keep complete, though he only had the longsword as an accessory, so it was pretty easy. I of course lost the minicomic, and I'm pretty sure my original figure didn't come with the warrior ring. So therefore, complete. Trike here was one of my favorite figures. As one of Skeletor's lackeys, he was always battling He-Man in a swordfight while Skeletor did his thing, trying to take over Castle Grayskull. Mattel and the Four Horsemen were wise in keeping everything that made the original toy so great, yet adding little details that make this a truly modern action figure. It moves in all the places it should, though the ankles on my sample are ...
And, here they are: the rest of my junk Star Wars figures. Dudes I picked up at various garage sales and antique stores in the late 80s/early 90s. Spent about 25 cents to $3.50 each on these figures, junk I wouldn't have otherwise bought if I had money back then. Buying these is how I learned to be a wiser collector, in that I wouldn't even look at these now. On a side note, even figures in this condition will have someone out there on craigslist or ebay thinking these are worth a fortune just because they're Star Wars toys. Check your local craigslist page for insane people trying to get a fortune for junk. I remember seeing the blue elephant dude Max Rebo and having to have it. Unfortunately, I never located the rest of the band at that garage sale, so just 50 cents for Max. I remember seeing this set at JCPenney, and my mother wouldn't buy it because it was $12, which was pretty steep back then. This is the Max Rebo Band as they originally appeared in Return ...
Comments