Retromercial of the Day: Day 7



Here it is- the greatest invention to come out of 1985. My parents had just finished the basement in the house I grew up in when I got this either in '85 or '86. They had this hideous but functional carpet downstairs where my toys were. Well, as inevitably happens when you mix five-year-olds, Slime, and their favorite toy line, I managed to get a bunch of that shit in the brand-new carpet.

This set at one time came with a mail-in offer for a free can of Slime, since Mattel was awesome back in those days. As soon as it came in the mail, my mom threw it away without even letting me open it. I was surprised, but the look on my mother's face when she was scrubbing the rapidly-drying fake snot out of that carpet in 1986 is something that's stuck with me even to this day, so I dared not protest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

look at the size of that thing!