Transformers movie Starscream

Maybe a more apt name would be "Ape-Plane."

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'll admit, this was an iffy purchase for me. Sure, I want action figures of all the TFs in the movie, but since Starscream was one of my two least-favorite designs in the movie (the other being Megatron), I was a little unsure. But seeing that F-22 toy in that neat box put me over the edge, and I picked up Screamer instead of Ironhide.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Well, the toy is great until you get it out of the box. Then you notice all the robot guts hanging off the bottom. The problem with TFs that turn into jets is that they're never sleek. They're always going to have this problem. G1 had this problem, hell, even the Classics line had the same problem, to a lesser extent. But there's a lot of stuff hanging off this Starscream, and it's just going to happen since it's a mere physical toy and not a CGI illusion that costs millions of dollars to pull off.

No, the jet mode isn't all that exciting. But, the robot mode is great, in my opinion. But first, you have to transform it. It took me ten minutes to do, and I'm going on record saying that Starscream is forever staying in robot mode. I seriously felt like my parents did in 1985- now where the hell does this piece go? There's a lot of flipping, sliding of wings, and turn legs. But when you finally get him into robot mode, he looks just like that Decepticon asskicker who had five minutes of screen time. Only more, you know, real.
On the toy, instead of the claws that are featured in the movie, Starscream has triple missile launchers on each arm. I wish I had the Ironhide and Ratchet toys so I could pose Starscream over them, just like when he shot the hell out of those two in the movie.

It's a great toy, if you don't plan on transforming it over and over. You kind of need one if you're building a TF movie collection. Plus, he was pretty much the only Decepticon survivor of the movie. Just like Starscream, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

look at the size of that thing!