praise for good toys


Y'know, I'm really becoming enamored with Hasbro's new lines of 3.75" Marvel figures. Even though they don't have the fit and nice finish that the Star Wars or GI Joe figures do, it's still pretty amazing that they manage to stick all that articulation into these little figures. I should also mention that these are much sturdier than any Toy Biz Superhero Showdown figures, which were terrible, terrible figures.

I wish the Marvel Universe line was stocked better, though. I can understand that the Wolverine line has a bigger push, but dammit, I want a Captain America. I really missed collecting Marvel toys. After the dip in quality and higher price of Hasbro's first wave of 6" Legends, I quit, and it's great to buy these characters again, in a scale compatible to most of my collection. Plus I don't feel obligated to buy whole waves, which is a major selling point. (Damn BAFs.)

If I were to recommend one figure, I'd suggest Modern Iron Man (pictured above). There's a Classic one out there too, but this one is much better. I must admit, even though Star Wars is great this year and MOTU is back in swing, Modern IM is probably my favorite action figure I've purchased this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

Webstor!