GI Joe review: Blowtorch

Photobucket

See that pose he's in? That's about all the action you'll get from this figure.

I managed to get this dude as soon as he hit Hasbro Toy Shop. It's great to get another Joe, because I love this line, but this guy kind of missed the mark in execution.

We'll start with the mask/helmet. Hasbro is the undeniable king of removable headgear for toys, and I personally think with this release, they got a little too cocky making the mask seperate from the helmet. At least on my sample, they refuse to stay attached. I'm considering gluing them together, it's so bad.

Then there's the flamethrower. It's nigh impossible to get him to hold it with both hands if the hose from the mask is plugged into his chest. I also had the same problem with the weapon and backpack with Flash last year- the hose from the weapon refuses to stay plugged into the backpack. It's absurdly annoying.

His colors are bright, just like the vintage figure, so that's a plus. He'll fill out your shelves of Joes pretty well, but he's not a good toy by any means. I really hope all of these problems are unique to this sample, but I kind of doubt it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

Webstor!