GI Joe reivew: Cobra Eel

Photobucket

I traded my Wraith variant for this. Considering Wraith is a crummy toy, I don't regret it.

Ah, the Cobra Frogman. Easily one of the most popular figures from the vintage line, judging by how expensive he is on today's secondary market. Naval Joes are my favorite group, so after picking up the SRO set with Cutter, Deep Six, and Torpedo, they needed a nemesis. Well, I have one, and only one. Hasbro saw fit to include this guy one per case, and while that sucks now, he'll ship for a while. I hope this figure becomes as plentiful as the Snow Serpents from wave 9. For a month or two, I couldn't throw a rock without hitting one of those.

The Eel is based on the Torpedo mold, which can't be a surprise. Torpedo is one of the best figures in this line, and Hasbro's getting a lot of mileage out of the mold. To make him look like the faceless Eel, this figure features a masked head and a fearsome helmet. Looks great. Quit buying them, everybody. I need a few more.

Hasbro could easily take this body and helmet and recolor them into a Wet Suit. I bet it's on deck this year, hopefully before the movie. Hell, throw him in a comic pack with Dr. Mindbender just in case the movie line kills the GI Joe line.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

Webstor!