come in, you royal boob.



Received the Masters of the Universe Classics Skeletor yesterday. Man, is it fantastic. You should buy yourself one while you have the chance. You may or may not know that He-Man and Beast Man are 'no longer available' on Mattycollector.com, and this will be the case with Skeletor in about 21 days from this post, so there it is. Mattel plans to retire the previous month's figure just before the new one goes on sale, but we'll see how that pans out since demand will undoubtedly become less as time goes on. I'd err on the side of caution. Besides, it's not like Mattel will never offer He-Man again.

A little anecdote- I've made mention (several times on this blog) that the original Skeletor was my first action figure. I got it for my third birthday in 1984. Every picture of the rest of the day I had Skeletor in my hand. I wouldn't dare part with it, because it was so cool. I mean, it was a blue-skinned guy with a sword and a possibly-satanic staff that was obviously meant for magic or at the very least, bodily harm to someone. That figure began a lifelong love for those Eternian goofballs, now redone, resculpted, and resold to my adult self for $30 a month. I spend way more than that on shit that I have to have, so it's a nice reliable nostalgic blast once a month.

I know it sounds like I'm really reaching to justify the expense, but I'm not. I have modern action figures of He-Man and Skeletor that remind me of how I felt as kid, when I first got my hands on the original versions. For something like this to strike my admittedly jaded self like that, it's quite an accomplishment. These MOTUC figures are accomplishing that which the new Transformers and GI Joe lines are not, but that could be because I didn't have the same infatuation with those lines as I do this one.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to have a little battle royale with these guys, since my roommate's gone. Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

Webstor!