what a piece of junk.

I bought one of those Devastator knockoffs from Walgreens today. It's a bootleg of the Transformers G1 toy, and wow, is it a piece of shit.

I bought one of these a couple years ago. I was so disgusted with it I threw it against a wall before throwing it away. I had heard the quality on these KOs was slightly improved of late, so I picked one up. While much better than my previous set, it's still a long way off. Scrapper, the bot that makes the right leg, refused to stay on the combined form, and Bonecrusher, the left arm, had a leg fall off since the plastic was so cheap.

But there are some good points. It's a great way to get some accessories, even though a few guns are missing. And the bots in their single form are good for filling a display, even though their faces aren't painted.

It was only $6, so buyer beware. I clearly had too high of expectations for this set, and for once, people on the interwebs complaining about how shitty it was were completely correct.

Comments

Benjamin said…
I threw this set away too, except for the little guns and the Scrapper figure.

No more KOs for me.

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

Webstor!