rant!

AFA graded GI Joes at Hasbro Toy Shop

Henkei Thrust and Dirge

Great. AFA is a blight on the hobby IMO, forcing certain collectors WITHOUT trust funds (like me) out of the vintage MOC game. Now they're doing it to toys that haven't even made it to retail, in fact, that came from their manufacturer? I know Hasbro can do what they wish with their own product, but it just stinks of unmitigated greed.

And then, Hasbro won't sell me a set of Thrust, Dirge, and Thundercracker, thinking the Botcon set was good enough and that nobody would buy them now, yet, you can get a stupid Seeker repaint on shelves now and in a month or two, you can get a repainted Starscream.

It's things like this that make me want to give up toy collecting for my other love, vinyl albums. At least those are meant to be collectibles these days. I do get tired of people treating toys like gold buillion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

Webstor!