GI Joe review: Conquest X-30


America, FUCK YEAH!

Unlike most fans on the interwebs that I read, when I first heard the announcement of the Rattler and Conquest being issued as Target exclusives for the modern GI Joe line, I was looking forward to owning the Conquest more. Firstly, I have the hideous orange Rattler Hasbro issued in 2002 for the GvC line. Secondly, since this was a post-1985 vehicle, it was a little more recognizable to me. I didn't buy the 2002-3 Sound Attack version, so this is an all-new vehicle to me. Well, not technically. A friend of mine had this back in the day, and I was very jealous, you see. But then I got the Night Raven and the skies over Casebeer Heights (kudos if you know which town this is in) were dominated by Cobra. However, the Night Raven was big, with many small, easily-lost parts. The Conquest was trim, sleek, and only had a removable canopy and missiles. All that is pretty much the same with this new release. It even has an updated version of Slipstream, even though he doesn't fit in the cockpit. I dug out my old Flint and he fits perfectly. (As a little aside, I thought it was hilarious that all the Joes could fly jets and could land them on a dime on grass, if they had to.)



Yes, Hasbro is making a mint by selling people like me little pieces of their childhood for $7-$25 a whack. I'll continue to line up for it too, because today I found out they're making an updated version of the Strato-Viper, the pilot of the Night Raven. See how this works for them?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

Webstor!