GI Joe wave 10


I received my case of wave 10 this weekend. In it was a variant Wraith. I'm not sure how I feel about that one. I wasn't going to bother hunting the variant, I just wanted the regular one. I bought the case so I wouldn't have to hunt this wave, and here I am, having to chase its most popular figure anyway. Le sigh. The variant seems to be selling for about $30 on ebay, and I haven't opened mine yet, seeing where it goes. If the bottom falls out, I'll just open it. If not, I'll see what happens. Odds are I'll just open it since selling things on ebay is a bit of a pain.

The rest of the wave kicks ass. While I didn't find this wave as appealing character-wise as I did the last wave, it has some high points. The Cobra Bazooka Trooper is a real winner to me, having the RPG and the web gear on his torso just makes it an interesting to look at figure, and one I might get a couple more of. The Para-Viper is an instant classic, a figure that could only be improved upon if we had a big Cobra plane for him to jump out of. Tiger Force Duke is another Duke. He has his correct gun this time, but still Hasbro uses the Duke arms. Yet another ruined figure, but he looks great on the card. Croc Master is great. The idea of a guy who trains crocs to fight for Cobra is a strange idea to say the least, but we got a great-looking update and hopefully, this leads to a 25th Ann. Raptor just so Hasbro can say they did that. Mutt and Junkyard are awesome, and easily the solid highlight of the wave next to the Para-Viper.

At this point, I'd suggest getting a case. It's getting close to the holidays, and even though retailers are boning up on stock, I doubt these will be stocked as well as the revision cases which are piling up nationwide. I picked up the first assortment, which had one each of the new guys plus a BAT and Arctic Snake-Eyes, so the whole case was useful to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

Webstor!