make mine Marvel

I've not purchased any Marvel-related toys since Hasbro took over the license. Well, I did buy one Ghost Rider from that movie line (which was pretty neat) and the X3 Beast from the first ML series they did, but those were developed by Toy Biz, so it wasn't a true representation of what Hasbro could do. Then the awful Spider-Man 3 and Fantastic Four 2 toys came out last year and were in a 5" scale, and the Legends price was bumped up to $10, so I walked away.

That all changed last week. I picked up the Iron Man movie Mark 03 armor figure, and it blew me away. This weekend, I decided to get the X3 versions of Jean Grey and Juggernaut, since the X-Men movie toys back in 2000 are what got me started on Marvel toys in the first place. I also picked up the Iron Man Stealth Ops armor figure, which is really disappearing fast from Wal-Mart, the chain it's exclusive to. Knowledgeable fans will recognize this as War Machine, though it's not named as such on the package even though Rhodey is mentioned as the pilot on the cardback. For $10, it's worth it to have a movie-ish War Machine. These are in the 6" scale, proving that Hasbro's aborted 5" scale was a lesson learned.

I have my eyes on those rereleased Spider-Man movie toys now, since they're 6" scale versions of some of the characters from Spider-Man 3. I really want a black-suited Spider-Man and Venom, and these are in that line. All in good time, I suppose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

look at the size of that thing!