but this one has a new hat!*

*- gold star if you name the reference.

So, the Indiana Jones toys are out in full force, and brother, are they awesome. These are the toys I've wanted to own all my life, and thankfully, there are several to choose from. Sallah? You got it. Marion? You can get her figure two ways. And, there's lots of Indy. I have no less than six of them, and there's two others with some traps from the Hovitos temple from Raiders I don't have yet. The figures I own are listed here, because yes, I do have a "mine is bigger than yours" complex when it comes to toys:

Radiers of the Lost Ark-
Indy w/ fertility idol
Belloq
Sallah (best fig in the line, hands down)
Deluxe Marion Ravenwood w/ Cairo Henchman
Deluxe Indy w/ horse (best Indy money can buy, so far)
Deluxe Indy w/ark
Cairo Swordsman
Cairo Indy w/ whip-cracking action

Last Crusade:
German Soldier w/ motorcycle

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull:
Indy w/ crystal skull (and the figure that gave me the idea for the title of this post)
Indy w/ rocket launcher
Irina Spalko
Mutt Williams w/ jacket

All I'm really lacking are the army builders (Russian and German soldiers) and a couple of goofballs from Crystal Skull (Ugha Warrior and Cemetery Warrior) plus the vehicles, which I'm not sure about buying yet, especially since I don't have any German soldiers.

I had to be picky when buying these, since the paint on the eyes is often very, very bad. And really, there's no reason for that. But, these toys are phenomenally awesome, and the accessories are spot-on. I could do without the out-of-scale artifacts that are included with the basic figures, though, especially if it would save us 50 cents at retail.

I suppose it's no coincindence that Star Wars is taking a little break until the end of July with new releases. Hasbro is making both lines, and clearly knows the audience for Star Wars wants to buy Indy toys. They wanted these to take off, so they gave Star Wars a break. It worked, but then again, I'm almost completely worn out on Star Wars toys. Though I did buy a AT-AP Walker this weekend, and it's hella neat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

look at the size of that thing!