what Masters of the Universe meant to me.

This is possibly the most meaningful post I'll ever put on this site. Believe me, I had tears welling up when I scanned these photos.

They didn't turn out so well, but the point is there.

Photobucket

This is me, at three years old, sitting on my mother's lap having just unwrapped my first action figure ever, Skeletor. This was my birthday in 1984. This guy is still standing on my desk, beat to hell, but something I'll never part with.

Photobucket

Christmas of 1984. Some of my earliest memories involve this Christmas. I received a Tonka dump truck full of Star Wars and MOTU toys, and the Roton pictured here. I remember my dad telling me to find my Skeletor figure and put him in there, and here's the pic. I find it amazing that my parents still remember the names of all these characters, even now, 24 years later.

Photobucket

Halloween of 1985. Who doesn't remember those Ben Cooper costumes with the vinyl bodies and cheap plastic masks? They made you sweat like crazy, and they only lasted that one night. Here's me in the He-Man costume.

Photobucket

Me (on the right)and a friend, with my sword and shield set. No one else seems to remember this set, but you could take the silver (He-Man) and glow-in-the-dark yellow (Skeletor) swords and combine them, completing the Power Sword. I've never seen it on ebay, but it's something I'm dying to own again.

Photobucket

My brother Nick, playing (or napping among) my He-Man toys. He'll probably get me for this one, but it's almost priceless, isn't it?

I've had these on my computer for awhile, but after hearing about the new Masters line gearing up and knowing that this was the reboot that was meant to be all along, I decided to share them. I can cry foul about anything Mattel does, but these memories are here to stay, and to be honest, they're beyond priceless. Thank you, Mattel, for bringing He-Man back yet again. I couldn't be happier about it.

Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

look at the size of that thing!