Hasbro Concept Camaro Bumblebee

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yes, "Concept." If the next-gen Camaro was going to be available in the 2008 model year, people would be driving them around already. The real thing isn't even approved for production, so continue holding your breath.

I finally got my hands on one of these last week. I might add I've been looking for it since July. I've never, NEVER had something take me so long to get my hands on. It reminded me of back in the G1 days when I was a wee lad, where my mom and I would scour stores looking for that damn minibot Bumblebee. Never did find him. So sad. Back to now- Hasbro finally caught up a bit with demand, allowing cases of Deluxe TFs to hit shelves nationwide last week. Bumblebee here was the only one I was seeking, since I'm quite unsure I want to own the non-movie figures in the line. I only bought toys of characters that were in the movie, and I'm not even done with those yet. (Just need the Best Buy versions of Ratchet and Megatron, and the Leader Class Brawl.)

Now, the toy itself. It seems HasTakTom knew they could do a better Bumblebee after looking at how the 1977 Camaro BB came out, so they pulled out all the stops. No funny duck feet is the first thing you'll notice on this new version. They knew this guy was going to be the big seller of the line, since the Concept version had the most screen time of any TF (I think.) And sure enough, they were right. They knocked this one way out of the park. He's my favorite of the movie line, and one of my favorite TFs of all time, right up there with G1 Soundwave, Classics Grimlock and Jetfire, and G1 Hound. Bumblebee has a perfect-looking robot mode that looks as close to the movie as a $10 toy is ever going to get (not to mention he looks better than the $80 Ultimate Bumblebee) plus the car mode is fantastic, as long as the black racing stripes on yours line up properly. I got lucky with mine, but some of them are so far off that it ruins the look completely. Of course, that comes from TF fans, so they could be inflating that.

If you're lucky, you have one already, either from finding them this summer or just last week like most of us poor saps. Best get him and any other TFs you want before the holiday shoppers get into stores, because once that DVD hits (October 16th, baby!) and the season gets into swing, there won't be any TFs in stores at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

Webstor!