the wilds

Well, waves 2 and 3 of the GI Joe 25th Anniversary line are out in the wild now. While I had quite an ordeal getting the first wave of single packs and the 5-packs, this is even harder, because now, all the non-interwebbing nerds are getting in on this line, making it that much harder.

I do have Serpentor from wave 2, which Matt kindly thought to pick me up. He's so far my favorite of the entire line, but bear in mind I don't have Beach Head, and if Hasbro updates Wet-Suit v1, well, you best stay out of my way then.

I do enjoy this new Serpentor. He's based on the Devil's Due comic, which tones down the ridiculous snake motif a little bit. You can tell without a doubt it's Serpentor when you look at it, and we finally get that modern Serpentor we've been wating for since he showed up in the first DD run.
The only thing I don't like is the face sculpt. He has a grin that makes him look like he just farted in public. I wish Hasbro had gone all out and made a nice little $10 boxed set that had Serpentor with his weird Air Chariot, but I wouldn't put it past them to release an exclusive where they repackage this Serpy with a rereleased 1986 Air Chariot. I think they'd have to do a new one, since this version is considerably taller than the orignal RAH version and it'd look funny otherwise.

I didn't bother to put any links to the fantastic stuff Hasbro showed at this past weekend at Joe Con, but if you come to this site, you know where to find those pics.
I'm loving pretty much everything except the Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow comic pack. I have to buy it to get the mail-away Doc, so I guess I'll just go for it.

I'm seriously considering buying a carded set of these 25th Joes, since the line isn't going to last forever. It'll be hell to get my hands on a Flint now, so it's probably not a good idea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

Webstor!