Behold, Galvatron! part 2

I think the Matrix included with Galvatron is just a tweaked version of the one that was included with the New Year Prime a few years ago. I fit the Matrix into my Hasbro reissue Prime, and it's quite snug:



Galvatron's alt mode is that of a futuristic (futuristic to 1986, anyway) Unicron-designed cannon, since a handgun probably wasn't a good idea. (Though he turns in to a child-sized handheld laser gun too, but it doesn't look nearly as real as Megatron does.)



I say it looks like a cannon, but I'm sure there's some out there that think he looks like a marital aid. To those people, I pity you.

Galvatron also features battery-operated sounds. One is a laser blast. Five more are Japanese orders in an angry voice. And the last is that great transforming sound. It's fun to bug people with it and make them think you're immature.

This is a pretty kick-ass toy, I must say. It was mightily expensive ($80), but if you want cool foreign toys and don't want to deal with importing them yourself and having to deal with US customs, you have to pay that much. Hasbro really isn't doing anymore G1 reissues, so Takara is the only game in the world for them now. It's hard to cough up that much money for toys that were designed twenty of more years ago, but at least you're getting a complete, working Transformer (a rarity, especially for Galvatron) and as I said earlier, it isn't someone else's used toy. This thing came off the assembly line, into the box, on the boat, and shipped to my hot little hands without any messing around with it. Can't beat that.
Part of the thing that helped sell me on this reissue was that he's finally in anime-correct colors. The original issue was some gray and off-white goliath with dark purple arms. I never liked that, so I was glad to get a correctly-colored version. (For those of you who insist on owning one in the original colors, eHobby Japan will have an exclusive with his original colors.)
I'm happy with the purchase, even though I had to eat ramen noodles for a few meals to get the scrib together for it.



*All photos taken at the Pop Rocks Workbench, since our current studios do not allow for much photography space.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

look at the size of that thing!

GI Joe wave 7