biplane...OF DEATH!!!!


Yes kids, the toys for the new Transformers flick are out. The first one I bought? One that probably isn't in the movie. But look at this dude. It's an antiquated vehicle that transforms into a freakin' robot! That's steampunk-y, and I like it. It reminds me of that story IDW published when they first got the TF comic license, called Hearts of Steel. The TFs were trains in that story, and I love the idea of the TFs coming here at a different era in history than whatever entertainment they're in says they arrvied in. I suppose Ransack here would have arrived during WWI. Which gets me going- what about a bunch of TFs from WWII? It's an idea ripe for the picking, but would probably only appeal to dorks like me. At least I got the WWI biplane.


Ransack here is a Scout class TF, meaning he'll set you back $8-9 at retail. Not cool, when a mere year ago, you could get a Deluxe for $10 and a Scout for $6. Considering the money I've spent on this shit (and the fact I had to move it all last weekend) I'm actually kind of glad for the price increase- it forces me to be more selective, which in turn will make companies work harder for my dollar, and if they don't, they're screwed. Anyway, back to the toy.

To me, he kind of looks like the grim reaper. It's mostly from the expression on the face, and the way the wings fold on his back. He looks like an angel of death, though I'd have to imagine that Decepticons with more modern aircraft modes would outmatch him in every way.

I usually don't buy Scout class TFs. They always seemed like the real kid-oriented part of the line, and I'm a discriminating adult collector, damn it. I don't remember seeing any Scouts in the Universe line, but then again, I don't look past the Deluxes or Voyagers, and I think Hasbro kept the Scout class as Animated-exclusive for the last year. But this is the first one I've purchased, and I dig it. I'll probably get Dirt Boss too, since a fork truck TF is also very cool.

DEATH!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

look at the size of that thing!

GI Joe wave 7