Star Wars review: Animated Obi-Wan Kenobi



I wasn't too sure about these figures when I first saw them. But, I took a chance on a couple, and before the week was out, I owned the entire first wave of them, and I dig each and every one of them. Let's take a gander at Obi-Wan, shall we?

Wow, two Obi-in-armor figures out on the same day? Amazing! And they're different enough that you don't feel ripped off. This Obi-Wan features a rocketpack with a forgettable firing missile feature, a lightsaber, and what I thought was cool, a swappable head. You can change the regular head with a Clone Commander helmet, which is the best of both worlds as far as I'm concerned.

This figure has some questionable articulation- as in no knee or ankle joints. I don't have any problems with my figure standing, though, so maybe it wasn't such a bad choice. The paint on this figure is fantastic, too. The armor is weathered beautifully, and there's a subtle difference in the hair color when compared to the beard. (Your author can tell you that's how it should be.) The robes have a battle-worn look to them too.

Most fans seem turned off by these toys, and if it's not your thing, it's not your thing. I still like my Star Wars toys, and I liked the animated style figures Hasbro did between 2003-2005, plus I have a passing fancy for the Droids and Ewoks toys based on their animated series in 1985, so I'm open to these. I really rather would buy another Anakin or Obi-Wan than, say, a comic pack with EU characters I don't know or background aliens from Jabba's Palace that I have to look up on Wookieepedia just to identify (and I still don't know about or care to own a figure of Bane Malar.) Maybe it was wise of Hasbro to put out such a wave of weirdos in the first Legacy wave- to get you to try something new.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

Webstor!