GI Joe review: So I Bought an Axe Murderer



I was fortunate enough to score what I lacked from wave 9 of GI Joe this weekend. I scored Hawk, Snow Serpent, and two BATs to accompany the Bazooka and Ninja-Ku dude I scored a few weeks ago. Since I'm way behind on these reviews, I should start with the guy I didn't mention, Barbecue.

I assume this fellow is using the Wild Weasel/Snow Job body, or at least a few parts of it. Not that it matters. I'm just wondering how a human head can fit inside that helmet. Granted, there's never been a Barbecue figure with a removable helmet, and these toys are just supposed to pay homage to that.

Tha accessories are pretty much the same as the first release in 1985, as are the colors on this new version. There's a lot more detail in this new one, owing to twenty years of improved toymaking technology.

I really can't find anything to pick apart or write home about with this figure. It looks fantastic, it doesn't change the world, and it looks great with the rest of your Joes. This wave is really great. I'm not sure where I'd rank it, but ranking things on a blog is fairly overdone, and I don't have all of these open yet. Like most fans, you probably bought it already, leaving the Ninja-Ku behind. If you're an even bigger bastard, you left three cases worth of this new wave behind while snatching up all the BATs and Snow Serpents. And to think I felt a little skeevy buying two BATs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

Webstor!