Retromercial of the Day: Day 25 plus rant



Yup. The GI Joe WHALE and Cobra Rattler- two classic vehicles deserving all the priase lauded on them by those who own them.

I chose this commercial because I was at Wal-Mart tonight after Matt alerted me to an endcap of GI Joe 25th Anniversary toys. I was there, ogling the greatness that I haven't seen since the 1980s and will likely never see again in my lifetime.
While I was picking through the dozens of figures there, a young boy of about six years and his mother walked by, and on the other side of the aisle was a display of Hannah Montana posters. The boy says to his mother "Look mom, Hannah!"



Some space to let that sink in.




Yeah. I knew it'd hit you too. Shit, when I was six, I'd have gone batshit insane to have seen an endcap full of Joes that included Storm Shadow, Duke, Destro, and Roadblock. What's wrong with kids these days? How is it OK for boys to be interested in Hannah Montana? (Why do people my age even know who she is?) Is it not PC for boys to act like boys any more? Man, back in the day you got picked on if you were into Jem or She-Ra.

So I resolved to give my set of loose 25th Joes to my future son when he comes along and is able to play with them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

Webstor!