GI Joe Adventure Team

I'll bet you didn't know it, but Wal-Mart, bane of the American retail landscape, has an exclusive set of 12" Adventure Team GI Joes, reissues of the ones from the 1970s. A little background.

I myself have an affinity for these big guys. I bought the Land Adventurer that was a Hot Topic exclusive last year, and I was looking forward to buying a couple more. But I come to find out that they're exclusive to Wal-Mart, and more importantly, my local branches aren't going to be getting these (or the 25th Anniversary small Joes either).

I ask you, what's the point of conquering the competition and taking an exclusive if you're not going to sell it to everyone who wants it? This happens all the time. Some WMs that aren't in huge cities get nothing when it comes to Hasbro exclusives, and other stores just can't get rid of them, eventually being forced to clearance them. Wal-Mart has ruined GI Joe before, and it seems like they're looking to do it again, only this time they want to do it before it gets off the ground.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

look at the size of that thing!