Soundwave reissue- at last!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yes, I finally bought one of these today. $30 plus Iowa's share. And to think this guy was on my Christmas list. :)

I'll have comparison pics between this and the "real" G1 Soundwave soon.

I'm still not keen on the double tape deck door. It makes 'wave look fat. But the reason I bought it was for Laserbeak and Ravage. I remember always looking for Ravage for my Soundwave back in the day, but never finding him. And I always thought the tape that was included with Soundwave, Buzzsaw, was actually Laserbeak. But now, I have that all cleared up, and now I finally have those two difficult-to-find Cassetticons. Also included are two cassette cases for Laserbeak and Ravage. A very nice touch.

Everyone seems to know how to transform Soundwave, so there's no need to go through that here. The instruction sheet says the following near the top:

NOTE: Some parts are made to detach if excessive force is applied and are designed to be reattached if separation occurs. Adult supervision may be necessary for younger children.

They must be required by law to put this on every TF instruction sheet, because if you tear any parts off of these three, they aren't going back on.
The instructions also indicate that this Soundwave has a rubsign, but I have yet to find it. Laserbeak doesn't have one either. Ravage does, so I guess the instructions aren't that far off.
They also left off how to place the stickers on Soundwave. Whoop. I've only placed the ones on his knees and the speaker stickers on mine. I usually don't put them on, but I made an exception for this one.

All in all, very much worth the $30. Laserbeak or Ravage each cost that much alone for vintage pieces on the secondary market, and here you're getting them both plus the Soundblaster mold which was never available here in the states before. And as much as I like the flush tape door, having extra capacity really makes more sense.

I hope this leads to more G1 reissues at TRU. TRU and Hasbro kind of made a mistake by not offering this guy back when they were doing the Commemorative Series. It might have lasted a little longer. But here he is, in a Classics-styled box (which I could have done without, but...) Hopefully, with all the movie hoopla getting going, we see some more of the reissues or Classics.
This release is moving fast, so get him while he's hot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

look at the size of that thing!