2016 Star Wars Rogue One Chirrut Imwe

Something a little bit newer, this time. Chirrut here comes to us from the first Disney-era spinoff movie, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. (Let us not forget there were Ewok movies in the mid-80s. Rogue One is not the first spinoff!)

Chirrut Imwe seems to be the most popular character from the movie, if my Twitter and Facebook feeds are any indication. Possibly due to his prayer, and wicked martial ability. I really liked the character myself, finding him my favorite from the flick which was full of great characters. Was that a great flick or what?

This figure shipped in the second wave of figures, and I picked this one up just before the movie came out. I find it somewhat disappointing, since the character in the movie had a lot of martial talent, and this figure is stuck at 5 points of movement, and it seems unlikely we'll get a nice, articulated version any time soon. There's the six-inch Black Series figure, but I find myself really uninterested in those, since I have thousands of 3.75" figures and don't want to rebuy the same figures in a new scale. I probably wouldn't be bothered so much by the lack of articulation if the figure had a little more life in its sculpt. These toys in the Disney era seem to lack a certain  je ne sais quoi that Star Wars toys have always had, a little something special in every figure that came through. These really feel like they're just paint-by-numbers, assembly line stuff, just made for the hell of it. Then, maybe, it could just be that age is coloring my perception, and it is true to a point that I've lost interest in collecting these Disney characters. If the last post is any indication, I'm a GI Joe collector now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

look at the size of that thing!

GI Joe wave 7