don't make me joe your ass.

Holy shit, have I neglected this blog or what. It wasn't intentional, it just happened. Anyway, I've really put aside the Star Wars collecting in favor of GI Joe. After picking up the recent Return of the Jedi wave, I was left very underwhelmed. I think it had more to do with buyer's remorse than anything. I figured if I hadn't bought a few of those figures, I might have been happier. So I ended up returning half of the figures I bought, and took that money and picked up a set of Joes I had my eye on, the Rescue Mission set that is exclusive to Target. (pics from Generalsjoes!)
Photobucket

Yeah, this set rocks. It was $20, and included two Neo-Vipers (didn't have any of those!), a Duke in regular battle fatigues (the Dukes so far in this line all have some kind of specialized armor), and most awesome, a unique version of Snake Eyes. This SE uses the Resolute/City Strike mold with the Paris Pursuit SE head. Since I have yet to find a City Strike SE (very, very, very popular figure, and all wave 5 dudes are 1x per case) this figure is awesome for me.


I could do without his sword being black, but what can ya do?

Then I've been picking off a lot of the things I hadn't bought, mostly completing the Rise of Cobra line since I'm one of three people who actually liked it, and I really seem to be the only one buying these figures now that they're $5 and $6 at the obvious places. All I have left are a couple of stragglers from the earlier waves and wave 5, which I have seen, but I might be forced to buy a set from an etailer so I get all five dudes.

Of course, Star Wars isn't totally dead for me. I really like the Luke and Leia from the Jedi wave; I think they're some of the best figures I've bought this year. And I found the Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper from the New Hope wave today, so I bought it. I think I just need a different approach to collecting Star Wars, since it really not my main thing anymore. I have so much of it, it's hard to find anything interesting for me to buy. Of course, that Wal-Mart exclusive AT-ST is VERY tempting...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

Webstor!