your move, bub.



So you've probably figured out that I'm not going to delete this blog after all. I spent too much time writing all this jazz, and a lot of people seem to drop by here (seems like at least 30 hits a day) so just as well keep it around. Then I can talk about stuff like this that I just bought.

I've been holding off on buying any of these neat 3.75" Marvel toys. Sure, I made a sizeable investment in the ML and movie 6" lines, but I'd be more than happy to add a few of these new guys at this new scale to my collection, since I have tons of Star Wars and GI Joe figures that are in the same scale. I decided I'd take the plunge with this version of Wolverine, one you can find in the movie-related Origins packaging with Hugh Jackman on it. This is clearly a comic-based Wolvie, and it says so on the package. I have always liked the tiger-stripe costume more than the brown classic one, but that's due to the 90's X-Men animated series.

Hasbro are the kings of the 3.75" scale, and that shows with this figure. The elbows and hips could use a little more work, but the figure still moves and holds a pose, so it's not as huge to me as it could be.

The most disappointing thing is that these cost a dollar more than Star Wars toys, yet don't have the fit and finish that those do. The joints aren't frozen shut or anything, but they are a little too difficult to move. And the neck balljoint isn't allowing for much movement.

This figure is much, much better than Toy Biz's attempt at the same scale. Those were overarticulated and floppy, and just generally bad toys. I think I am going to go ahead and get a few more of these, namely, Silver Surfer, Spider-Man, Cap, Iron Man, Deadpool, and Hulk. You know, all the really cool guys. I'd get the Punisher, since I'm an unrepentant Punisher fan, but a better one comes out in series 3, so I'm waiting for that one. But at $8 and $8.50 at Wal-Mart, those might be all I get until the Thing comes out. I really hope this line isn't Hasbro's Indiana Jones for this year, since this has a lot going for it, but also a lot of fans that are annoyed that the 6" scale is pretty much moot for the year, possibly done completely. I gave up on the 6" stuff when Hasbro took over, and only picked up the X3 figures they did. (They sucked, so I never looked back.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

look at the size of that thing!

GI Joe wave 7