Review: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Plo Koon




Here it is- the best figure (so far) in the line. I probably shouldn't say that, since I don't own the rest of the wave, but this figure is fantastic. Master Plo Koon was my third favorite alien design from the prequels, and to see it rendered in the new 3D animated style is great. Plus, this figure includes the double lightsaber gauntlet he was initially designed with, but was an idea nixed by George Lucas. (Surprised? I'm not.) I was stoked to see it finally included with a 3.75" figure. Hell, I almost bought Sideshow's exclusive version of the 12" figure just to get this character with that accessory. He also features two regular lightsabers, just in case the gauntlet isn't your thing.

The hood is effectively pulled off by two plastic pieces that clip around his neck or head. One is hood up, one is hood down. It would be best not to confuse them. This way we avoid any restriction of articulation, which is great since this guy is actually pretty fun to pose and play with.

I get the feeling that Hasbro guessed that this was the only chance to make an animated Plo Koon, and to resurrect the football analogy, this one's a touchdown and extra point. I almost did a backflip when I found this guy at Target a week ago, and if you're lucky and get to your local Kohl's now, you should be able to pick one up. At my local store, they have a sizeable display with the latest CW and Legacy figures, and they should ring up at $6.79 plus your state's share. Since Christmas shopping begins in earnest in less than two weeks, this figure should be a lot easier to find. Get it, you'll love it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

Webstor!