2006 Toy Fair

Some of my favorite stuff from this year's Toy Fair. All in all, an awesome year ahead, one that's going to make my bank account sweat.

Firstly, some new GI Joes.
I like the new Airtight, Night Viper, and Lady Jaye. I really can't recall who the rest are, though. It might have helped if Hasbro had put some tags in front of the figures saying who they were.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.
There's some neat stuff here. It's really hard to get hold of locally, since no retailer sells them with any regularity. I have to order mine online. Plus these aren't very cheap, which is why I have less than half of what DST has issued.

Star Trek.
Finally, some Next Generation figures. I'll gamble these will be as hard to find as the Buffy line, since it's made by the same company, DST. It looks like Thomas Riker is a repaint of Will Riker, which clearly works, but I'd hate to see DST go overboard with this idea and do the Playmates Thing where the a lot of figures shared the same bodies and just had different heads. It worked OK on a limited basis, but not as sickly as Playmates went with it. But I doubt this line will be nearly as successful as PM's was.

Miami Vice.

No, seriously.

Hellboy.
I have yet to see this line at retail, which bites. It's been out for months. I want a Hellboy and a big monkey, dammit!

Ah, screw it. I'll get my big monkey fix here.

New Transformers Alternators.
I can't wait to buy Mirage. I love the Ford GT, and will be glad to buy the only version of it I can afford, a 1:24 scale model that transforms into a Decepticon asskicker.

Star Wars. Simply because it wouldn't be Toy Fair coverage without a SW link.
I do like what Hasbro has come up with for the year, but I've never been more tired of Star Wars toys (something I never thought would happen.)
There's stuff here I've been wanting for years, and it looks great, but do I really need a third Hammerhead figure?

There you have it- a lot of the junk I'll be buying this year. There's as yet no Toy Biz, McFarlane, or Mattel coverage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

look at the size of that thing!

2016 Star Wars Rogue One Chirrut Imwe