Masters of the Universe Classics: Sir Laser-Lot

I've purchased a lot of MOTUC figures in the last year. My love for this line never diminished, though I missed out on a bunch due to not subscribing or being late to the day-of sales. However, this did not deter me from August's sale, which featured this all-new character, Sir Laser-Lot.

Something I always thought was missing from the original MOTU line was a dude in shining armor. Certain design elements of figures like Man-At-Arms or Extendar suggest knightly inspiration, but there was never a character in the toy line like this. Nor was there a dragon dude, something that seems so odd for a fantasy-based toy line, and is something MOTUC has rectified this year.
SLL was designed by Geoff Johns, apparently for the ill-fated design contest in the late 1980s that Fearless Photog comes from. It didn't win back then, but since it's here now, and I dig it.
The weapons are really neat. I always, always thought the lightsaber was the coolest fictional weapon ever created (like who doesn't) and to see that idea adapted here for the broadsword, mace, and shield is really awesome.
Now for what I don't like. It would have been nice to see some silver, like on the arms and legs or something. There's a lot of blue here, and while it's my favorite color, it's pretty boring to look at an action figure and see nothing but blue. Superman was smart enough to wear red underwear to break up the monotony (until New 52 of course), but here it's boring to look at. It's not a deal-breaker, though. This figure ended up being my favorite from this year, and he's had some tough competition. Maybe Dragon Blaster Skeletor will knock him off that pedestal...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

Webstor!