wreak some HAVOC

I’ve kind of thrown myself full-bore into GI Joe collecting lately. I always told myself that I’d collect GI Joe if I wasn’t collecting Star Wars toys, and since I became officially bored of that, I decided to finally do what I always wanted and have those kick-ass Joes and Cobras my seven year old self always wanted. In a lot of ways, I was closer to GI Joe as a kid than anything else. Star Wars was of course there, as were Transformers, and I’ve pretty much purchased everything I wanted from those lines. However, Joe and He-Man, not so much. So here we are.



I received this vintage vehicle this week, and man, is it fantastic. The HAVOC featured heavily in the second season of the cartoon as well as the movie, and it’s easy to see why- it can hold a lot of figures, it has big guns, and it features a little one-man hovercraft that can lift off the back, so it’s like getting two vehicles for the price of one. Plus, it came with Cross Country, who as far as vehicle drivers went, actually had some personality.

I almost wish I had this thing when I was eight instead of twenty-eight. The fun I could have had with this thing would be legendary. Though I shouldn’t complain; I had a pretty bitchin’ Joe collection as a kid. I scored this puppy for $18 shipped, and while it didn’t have the filecards or Cross Country (I have a driver in one of my Joe boxes here already) it did have the blueprints, so that’s really cool. They detail how to put the HAVOC together, because in those days, Hasbro didn’t assemble the vehicles at all- they just threw the parts in the box. Of course, it gave you a feeling like you weren’t just buying a toy, you were buying a model. A model that you could play with. It also didn't have the box, but I had to throw that up there, because GI Joe box art is better than Picasso.

Let’s face it. Even if Hasbro still had the tooling for this, it would cost way more than what this deal cost me. I haven’t tried to put any G3 Joes on it yet, so I can’t tell you if they fit or not. Odds are, they’d look too goofy on it, especially manning the main turret.

Just had to gloat about it. Screw you, it’s my blog. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

Webstor!