boring

Last-ditch effort

I've made mention here (several times) about my increasing disinterest in Star Wars toys, and after seeing these cards they're using for packaging, it's obvious I'm not the only one who feels this way. Line failing? Run those things out on 'vintage' packaging!

Five years ago, I'd have been absolutely batshit insane over this, but now, I don't know what happened. I've been collecting this line for like fifteen years, and I'm bored as shit with it. I've contemplated purging almost all of it, for instance. Part of me just wants the SW stuff gone. It's not that I don't enjoy Star Wars anymore, it's just there's too much shit, and I'm loathe to add more to it, even if it is on packaging reminiscent of what I bought as a kid. I did that with GI Joe a few years ago, but those were like $5, whereas these SW toys this year are $8. And then there's buying two of each, and it's no wonder I'm thinking "no fucking way."

Especially when I find buying vintage toys to be much more satisfying. I received a set of Tomax & Xamot from the GI Joe: A Real American Hero line this weekend. Always wanted those figures as a kid, and even though I scored a beat-up set at an antique store in 2000 for $2 each, it's great to have a really nice set. Then I look at my vintage GI Joe shelf (which kicks more ass than any camera can handle) and I think I could have all the figures from that line I ever wanted if I quit the Star Wars.

So, here I am. By the way, quitting Star Wars toys is WAAAAY harder than quitting smoking. You fall off the wagon occasionally, but it's less expensive to do so with smoking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

GI Joe wave 7

Webstor!