Sideshow Anakin Skywalker- quickie

I picked up the newest piece from Sideshow's 12" Star Wars line yesterday. I have some gripes.

Firstly, the right arm. It probably looked good on paper to do it this way, but the execution wasn't all that. The arm becomes detached above the elbow, and the brown undershirt prevents the peg from getting back in the hole easily. I trimmed the brown undershirt so it would fit around the arm, then I tucked it back and rolled down the black tunic to the guantlet. I wasn't happy about having to do that, but you can't tell by looking at it, and it looks better this way.

Secondly, the lips. They look as if Anakin was raiding Padme's lipstick stash. Sideshow has mentioned that they recognize that they are a problem, and should be fixed by the time the SDCC exclusive Darth Vader comes out. (It's just this regular Anakin with yellow Sith eyes, but I put my name on the Wait List for one anyway.) Maybe they'll fix that undershirt problem too.

I'll get to the good parts (of which there are many) when I get some pics taken. As it stands, I'm still more than happy with the purchase, and it's light years ahead of Hasbro's Revenge of the Sith 12" Anakin. I can't wait for Obi-Wan and Han Solo now. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear makers of the upcoming Masters of the Universe movie

look at the size of that thing!

GI Joe wave 7